Scroll to explore
When you’re ready to travel again, we’ll be ready to welcome you.
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests – by redefining cleanliness and supporting your wellbeing throughout your stay. We have expanded our commitment to cleanliness by:
As the world adjusts to new travel norms and expectations, we’re enhancing the experience for you – our hotel guests in three key ways.
- By redefining cleanliness and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by using new science-led protocols and service measures, partnering with industry leading experts Cleveland Clinic, Ecolab and Diversey and launching a global IHG Clean Promise.
- Providing flexible offers and packages so you can book with confidence.
- Proving Covid Safe meeting technology to allow you to get back to business.
IHG Way of Clean
We have a long-standing commitment to rigorous cleaning procedures and launched our IHG Way of Clean programme in 2015 – developed in partnership with Ecolab and Diversey – both world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies and services. This programme is now being expanded with additional COVID-19 protocols and best practices – many of which are already in place – to reflect the advice of regional and global health authorities, including the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, and local public health authorities in markets around the world.
IHG Way of Clean already includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and guests can expect to see evolved procedures throughout the hotel, which may include:
- Reception: Reduced contact at check-in, touchless transactions, front desk screens, sanitiser stations, sanitised key-cards, paperless check-out
- Public Spaces and Facilities: Additional deep cleaning of high touch surfaces, social distancing, guidance to implement ‘last cleaned’ charts, and best practices for pools, fitness centers and lounges
- Food & Beverage: New standards and service approach to buffets, banquets, room-service and catering
- Guest Room: Reduction of in-room furnishings/high-touch items, new laundry protocols, use of electrostatic technology (at select hotels) and the addition of in-room IHG Clean Promise cards with cleaning procedures
- Meetings and Events: Deep and more frequent cleaning of meeting and event spaces, access to ample hand sanitizer stations, socially-distanced seating and meeting room layout, guidance on management of guest flow, single-serve and pre-packaged meal options.
Supporting the Wellbeing of Guests and Colleagues
Enabling the personal wellbeing of guests and colleagues is key. IHG is working closely with a team of medical experts at the world-renowned Cleveland Clinic to develop guidance and resources for hotel teams on returning to work and incorporating appropriate measures to enhance guest confidence and trust in our cleanliness, hygiene and safety practices in this new environment, which may include:
- Cleanliness information in hotels and on IHG’s booking channels
- Social distancing operating procedures and signage
- Guidance on the use of protective equipment as necessary by hotel colleagues
- Updated colleague training and certification
- Availability of individual guest amenity cleaning kits
- Sanitiser stations at high-touch points throughout hotels
Global Cleanliness Board & Clean Champions
Leading this work is our Global Cleanliness Board – a group of IHG experts in operations, health, safety and guest experience colleagues working with external specialists to define solutions, best practice and implement processes including James Merlino, Chief Clinical Transformation Officer, and a team from the Cleveland Clinic, who will provide expert counsel on translating clinical concepts, infectious disease management and overall health optimisation.
Our hotel teams have appointed Clean Champions to continue building the culture of clean instilled in IHG hotels around the world. These champions will focus on guests and colleagues as they navigate the new environment and help on-property teams to consistently deliver these elevated cleanliness standards.
IHG Way of Clean in the Greater China region will be subject to the details on ihg.com/cleangcen.
Good isn’t good enough – we’re committed to high levels of cleanliness.
That means clean, well maintained, clutter-free rooms that meet our standards.
If this isn’t what you find when you check-in then we promise to make it right.