Built on sustainability
We look after the planet with the same care as we look after our travellers. You can relax knowing that everything from your super comfy bed to the locally sourced ingredients on our menu are designed to reduce our impact on the environment.
Reducing yearly plastic landfill
- 390,300 bottles
- 150,000 plastic straws
Reducing plastic waste
- "Large-format" bathroom amenities reducing plastic waste by 80%.
- Plastic straws replaced by birodegradable straws (available only by request) in total, IHG will remove 50 million straws globally.
- Filtered tap water in every guest room, plus glass bottles in key areas of the hotel, such as meeting rooms. Further reduces plastic waste by 300+ bottles yearly.
- Indulgent bedding made from 100% recycled materials, each doona is made from 150 plastic bottles.
IHG is proud to be an OzHarvest 'Awesome Partner', which means we work together to reduce food waste, feed hungry Australians and provide education to at-risk youth. voco Gold Coast plays an important role by fundraising and supporting their food rescue efforts. With $1 equalling 2 meals.
Saving the bees
Our rooftop is home to 300,000 bees and we have a resident beekeeper who looks after them. Our Chefs then use the honey in our signature honey and lavender welcome shortbread biscuits, at the breakfast buffet and in Social House's cocktail menu.
Reducing energy consumption and an eco-friendly approach
- Aerated shower heads - reducing water usage and lowers energy consumption for water heating.
- "Planet-friendly ingredients" in bathroom amenities, obtained from sustainable or renewable plant-based origins, and cruelty free.
- 100% Better Cotton Initiative approved bed line, contributing to sustainable cotton harvesting.
Will & Co
We've partnered with a sustainable coffee brand and utilised their biodegradable and compostable take away cups.
A Greener Stay
A greener stay helps decrease the environmental footprint of voco Gold Coast, conserving energy, water and staffing while rewarding members who choose to make a positive impact on the environment when they stay.
IHG hotels have partnered with SoapAid where our bar soap at either the basin or bathtub are collected and reconstituted into new bars for at-risk communities.